Friday, June 15, 2012

Scribbles on episode titles.

 I live for episode titles. In my opinion a good title can make a television show exponentially better.
 I have compiled a list of my favorites. 



Shameless US

"Just Like the Pilgrims Intended"
"Nana Gallagher Had an Affair"
Where is Emmy Rossum's Golden Globe?


The Twilight zone
"The monsters are due on maple street."
Probably one of the greatest episodes of television ever. A meditation on fear and suspicion.

Curb your enthusiasm.

"Beloved Aunt"
If you have seen this episode you will have just laughed, if not - maybe watch it.

Community
"Regional Holiday Music"
OH MY- THE PUNS!

Portlandia
"Cat nap"
AGAIN THE PUNS. A band named Cat nap is kidnapped.
Girls
"Welcome to Bushwick a.k.a. The Crackcident"
Crackcident is probably the greatest new word of the century.
Daria
"Groped by an Angel"
"Boxing Daria"
Boxing Daria is such a great episode and the title reflects the 90's angsty pathos.

Avatar: the last Airbender

 "Nightmares and Daydreams"
This is my wildcard.

Breaking bad
 "Kafkaesque"


Flight of the Concords
"The Tough Brets"
I feel like all Australians should roam in 'West side story' type gangs.

30 rock
"Ludachristmas"
"MILF Island"

"Everything Sunny All the Time Always"
 Need I say more?



Grandma's house
"The Day Simon Decided He Was Forlorn"

Parks and recreation

 "Galentine's Day"
 "Andy and April's Fancy Party"
 "Ron and Tammys"



Arrested development
 "Motherboy XXX"
 "Notapusy"
Can one ever really describe the spectacle that is Arrested Development?

Weeds
 I like watching out for the titles in the dialogue. Also, I believe that onomatopoeia is underrated.

"Thwack"
"A Yippity Sippity"
"Cats! Cats! Cats!"

Twin peaks

"Zen, or the Skill to Catch a Killer" 

I had to throw Twin Peaks in. This episode is the first with Albert. 


Always sunny in Philadelphia
"Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life"
"Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games"


The Walking dead
"Chupacabra"

The Mighty Boosh
"The Strange Tale of the Crack Fox"

Luxury comedy
"Tiger with Chlamydia"
I think you have to read this title in the voice Noel does in the show.

United States of Tara

 "Torando!"
 "The Full Fuck You Finger"
One of my fallen favorites. I will miss this show like Princess Valhalla Hawkwind will miss her Magic Bullet.

Bored to Death 

This show has, undoubtedly  the greatest episode titles of any show ever. Loosing Bored to death stung quite a bit I must say. It was difficult to narrow my selection down to just three, nonetheless here they are.

"The Gowanus Canal Has Gonorrhea!"
"The Black Clock of Time"
"I Keep Taking Baths Like Lady Macbeth"











No comments:

Post a Comment